The Grand Forks Region EDC provides companies expanding in the Grand Forks region the expertise needed to support growth plans. EDC business developers will:
- Coordinate site selection, financing, and site planning and permitting
- Connect you with the education and technology resources that will help you grow
- Introduce you to local, state and federal leaders who may offer guidance or assistance with your expansion or relocation into the region
Incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1988, the Grand Forks Region Economic Development Corporation promotes economic development in the Northeast North Dakota region, working to establish new wealth and job growth for the City and County of Grand Forks and outlying regional communities.
The EDC’s successful efforts help expand the economy, create new employment opportunities and improve the quality of life in the region.
The EDC, a 501 (c)(6) non-profit corporation, is funded by the City of Grand Forks, Grand Forks County, and regional private sector companies. The majority of funding is allocated to business development, followed by marketing, partner support, and administration.
Grand Forks Region EDC objectives:
- Attract and retain jobs and capital investment aligned with target industries at above-average wages.
- Deliver comprehensive economic development services for our clients and greater Grand Forks region.
- Create and support regional initiatives that enhance our regional opportunities for economic success.
Grand Forks Region EDC implementation:
- Collaborate with partner organizations to strengthen relationships and engagement with clients, investors, government leaders, and greater community.
- Communicate with stakeholders and market our region to attract new investment and spur economic growth.
- Develop financial and volunteer resources.
The Grand Forks Region EDC improves the quality and quantity of career opportunities for the citizens of the Grand Forks region.
The Grand Forks region will be one of America’s most dynamic places for economic opportunity.