Festivals, fun and four seasons
No matter what you enjoy doing you’ll find countless options in the region. The quality of life you’ll enjoy in the Grand Forks area is a unique blend of small town security with big city flair.
No matter the season you’ll find enriching activities for you and your family – even when it’s chilly!
Sports & Recreation
We embrace the outdoors in any season:
- cross-country skiing
- Wild Hog Marathon
- Uff-da Mud Run
- Golfing at King’s Walk an Arnold Palmer Signature Course
- Walking and biking on the Greenway, 2,200 acres of parkland in the heart of Grand Forks
If you’d rather be inside, your options are equally extensive:
- UND National Championship hockey at the world’s best arena, the Ralph Englestad Arena
- Basketball leagues for all ages
- Recreation at Choice Health & Wellness, 162,000 sq. ft of health and happiness for the whole family: enjoy tennis, volleyball, basketball, swimming and mroe
Arts & Culture
Indoors and out, the region boasts enriching arts and culture activities. The region benefits from the University of North Dakota’s cultural programming, which opens the community to new experiences with events like Feast of Nations and Wacipi Time-Out.
- Don’t miss world-tour concerts at the Alerus Center and Ralph Englestad Arena
- Put your musical talents to work by joining the symphony or master chorale
- Enjoy Blues on the Red concerts
- Stroll through downtown on an Art & Wine Walk
- Concerts in the town square have us rockin’
- The annual ArtFest attracts thousands
- Theater performance are happening year-round, whether it’s community theater, university performances, or K-12 school performing arts
There’s too much to mention, but you get the idea.