The opportunities for UAS research and testing are as unencumbered as our vast air space. In the Grand Forks area you’ll find innovative partners ready to help you develop new technologies, applications, and commercialization opportunities.
- Team of UAS aviation experts
- Specialized COA capabilities
- Research grant funding programs may match your investment
- Developing beyond-the-visual-line-of-sight network infrastructure after becoming the first of the original FAA-designated UAS test sites to receive a certificate of authorization for BVLOS operations.
- Leading the industry with early development of research and education programs in UAS
- Strength of the region’s agriculture and energy sectors provide unparalleled opportunities for research that leads to commercialization
- Benefit from the collaboration among university researchers in science, engineering, math, aviation, human services and health sciences fields
The Grand Forks Region EDC is linking university researchers with private industries and UAS companies to spur research that is redefining agriculture, utilities and public safety.