The Grand Forks region has a rich history of innovative research. Collaborative public and private partnerships are resulting in groundbreaking solutions and commercial opportunities for entrepreneurs. Within the University of North Dakota, as well as among the business community, regional investment in research and development exceeds $150 million.
The state of North Dakota has invested in research through its Centers of Research Excellence program – Grand Forks is home to eight of the state’s 20 centers.
The Red River Valley Research Corridor, anchored to the north by Grand Forks, works with public universities and business & industry to:
- promote research opportunities, resource sharing, and development and training
- develop an ongoing forum for exchanging information and combining resources
- support comprehensive education and training to assist business development
Grand Forks Advantage
- University of North Dakota, the region’s premier research university
- The Energy & Environmental Research Center is among the nation’s leading oil and gas research centers
- The UND Technology Accelerator has the region’s only BSL-3 laboratory space, available for short-term lease
- The state’s medical school, with a strong life sciences research arm
- The USDA conducts research from its Grand Forks facility